Format for the Team eventEverything you need to know about the format for the Team event
Need to knows
How much is the entry fee for the team event?
Entry fee is £100 per team.
What time will the team event commence?
The team event ‘Round Robin’ stage starts at 8.45am on Friday morning, with groups 1 to 16. The afternoon session starts around 2pm, for groups 17 to 32.
- Teams must have a minimum of 5 players and a maximum of 8 players.
- Played to Blackball rules, teams will typically play 48 frames of pool, before they can be knocked out of the tournament.
- If a player is required to play in a singles match at the same time that his/her team is also playing, then the team must play a reserve in his/her place.
- Players lag for break at start of each frame.
- Order of play sheet must be completed for each match prior to starting, and is divided into sets of 5 frames.
- Players can only play once in any set and reserve players can be included in any match.
Friday Round Robin
- Teams divided into random groups of 4 to play a round robin. Each match consists of 10 frames, 2 sets of 5 frames; teams must play all frames.
- Teams score 2 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. Frame difference ranks teams with equal points.
- Top two teams from each group enter the Team Trophy Round Robin on Saturday.
- Bottom two teams from each group enter the Plate Round Robin on Saturday.
Saturday Round Robin
- The second round robin stage, with 16 groups of 4 teams competing for the TROPHY event.
- Other 16 groups of 4 teams competing for the PLATE event.
- Top two teams from every group will go through to the knockout round.
- Teams ARE NOT seeded for the group stages or the knockout stages.
- All matches to be THE BEST of 10 frames – race to 6.
- If teams tie on frames – 5 each, then a Blackball shootout will decide the winner.
- Teams receive 2 points for a win.
- Teams that are tied on points in group stages will decide the winner through a Blackball shootout. Frame difference will not be used.
- Last 32 knockout stages for both the Team Trophy and Plate events.
- Format will be best of 10 knockout stage – if a tie occurs at 5 frames all, match goes to a penalty shootout, to decide the winner.
Penalty Shootout Rule
- 5 penalties are taken by each team, highest scorer wins. Sudden death if tie occurs.
- An order of play sheet must be created and followed.
- The black ball is placed on the spot at the rack end of the table.
- Player can position cue ball anywhere behind the baulk line.
- Player must pot the black ball, using one shot, to score a goal.
- If the black ball fails to pot, or the white ball is potted or a foul is committed, then the penalty is considered a miss.
- If score is a draw after all shots taken, then a sudden death round begins, following the order of play sheet.
- Both players must take their shot i.e. if player one misses, then their opponent must take their shot and pot to win.