Format for the Amateur Team TrophyOriginal 5 Player Event
Need to knows
How much is the entry fee for the team event?
Entry fee is £100 per team.
What time will the team event commence?
The team event ‘Round Robin’ stage starts at 8.45am on Friday morning, with groups 1 to 16. The afternoon session starts around 2pm, for groups 17 to 32.
- Teams must have a minimum of 5 players and a maximum of 8 players.
- Played to Blackball rules, teams will typically play 48 frames of pool, before they can be knocked out of the tournament.
- If a player is required to play in a singles match at the same time that his/her team is also playing, then the team must play a reserve in his/her place.
- Players lag for break at start of each frame.
- Order of play sheet must be completed for each match prior to starting, and is divided into sets of 5 frames.
- Players can only play once in any set and reserve players can be included in any match.
Friday Round Robin
- Teams divided into random groups of 4 to play a round robin. Each match consists of 10 frames, 2 sets of 5 frames; teams must play all frames.
- Teams score 2 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. Frame difference ranks teams with equal points.
- Top two teams from each group enter the Team Trophy Round Robin on Saturday.
- Bottom two teams from each group enter the Plate Round Robin on Saturday.
Saturday Round Robin
- The second round robin stage, with 16 groups of 4 teams competing for the TROPHY event.
- Other 16 groups of 4 teams competing for the PLATE event.
- Top two teams from every group will go through to the knockout round.
- Teams ARE NOT seeded for the group stages or the knockout stages.
- All matches to be THE BEST of 10 frames – race to 6.
- If teams tie on frames – 5 each, then a Blackball shootout will decide the winner.
- Teams receive 2 points for a win.
- Teams that are tied on points in group stages will decide the winner through a Blackball shootout. Frame difference will not be used.
- Last 32 knockout stages for both the Team Trophy and Plate events.
- Format will be best of 10 knockout stage – if a tie occurs at 5 frames all, match goes to a penalty shootout, to decide the winner.
Penalty Shootout Rule
- 5 penalties are taken by each team, highest scorer wins. Sudden death if tie occurs.
- An order of play sheet must be created and followed.
- The black ball is placed on the spot at the rack end of the table.
- Player can position cue ball anywhere behind the baulk line.
- Player must pot the black ball, using one shot, to score a goal.
- If the black ball fails to pot, or the white ball is potted or a foul is committed, then the penalty is considered a miss.
- If score is a draw after all shots taken, then a sudden death round begins, following the order of play sheet.
- Both players must take their shot i.e. if player one misses, then their opponent must take their shot and pot to win.