BAPTO WeekendAnnual amateur pool tournament
Welcome to the 43rd Annual BAPTO Amateur Pool Tournament
The iconic BAPTO amateur pool weekend is the UK’s longest established tournament, now in its 43rd year!
Following the positive player feedback from 2018, this year’s event will stick to the same format and prize fund, with plenty of loud music!
- The top 2 teams from each group in the Saturday round robin stages will go through to the Sunday knockout stages, to give 32 teams in the Plate knockout and 32 teams in the Trophy knockout.
- Teams will not be seeded and the ruthless race to 6 will remain, to help the lesser skilled teams progress further.
- Blackball shootouts will decide teams that are tied on points in Sat group stages – frame difference will not be used. All teams to play at least 48 frames of pool before being knocked out.
- The team entry fee remains at £100.
- The event has a £16,000 prize fund, with a massive £2,000 cash prize for the Team Champions!
- Men’s Singles pays down to the last 64, spreading more prize money to the lower ranking players.
We advise teams to register early for the 2019 weekend, as our 2018 event sold out by September, with many more teams wanting to enter.
A true amateur event that gives teams of all skill levels plenty of pool to play!
Register todayTeam places are limited to the first 128 that register and pay.
What to expect
£16,000 Prize Fund
Min 48 Frames
Over £16,000 in cash prizes & trophies! All major prizes paid by cheque.
- Played to Blackball rules
- Min 5 players per team
- No professionals – amateur pub teams only
- All teams to play minimum 48 frames of pool
- Round robin stages both Friday and Saturday
- Guaranteed £16,000 cash & trophy prize fund
- Live internet streaming
- www.livepoolscores.com – dedicated results and schedule website
- 42 Sam Atlantic pool tables
- Super Aramith Pro balls
- Hainsworth Precision cloth
This event is going to be popular – teams are advised to register and book their accommodation as early as possible, to avoid disappointment.