IMPORTANT – tournament terms and conditions include, but are not limited to:
- All teams must abide and agree to the ‘Team Entry Criteria’, ‘Tournament Format’ and ‘Conditions of Pool 2017’, as set out within the website and team application form.
- The game shall be played to Blackball Rules.
- The Organisers reserve the right to change tournament format and prize fund at any time, the Organisers decision is final.Only complaints submitted to the Organisers in writing will be considered.
- All players must be properly registered and be able to prove their permanent residential address.
- Team names must incorporate the name of the pub or club they represent. Names deemed rude or offensive will not be allowed.
- The organisers reserve the right to take whatever action is necessary to ensure fair play and smooth running of the tournament. More than one table may be used for any match in team events. Groups may be re-organised and number of frames per match may be varied if considered necessary. The Time Foul Rule of 60 or 30 seconds per shot will be enforced at the Organisers discretion if game play is considered slow and hindering the tournaments progress. 9 ball or 5 ball racks may be used in extreme circumstances of slow play or a match concluded to an early result.
- Registered players agree to their name appearing on the BAPTO website.Registered players and spectators agree to their picture being taken at the event and used in future publicity, uploaded to Facebook or added to the BAPTO website. Pictures of players may also be used on future printed materials.
- Registered players agree to being filmed for the purposes of streaming matches live on the internet. Streamed matches will be archived and made available for future viewing.
- All prizes over £100 will be paid by cheque.
- Prizes will not be paid until 11am on Sunday.
Playing in the spirit of the game
- Players or teams who do not play within the spirit of the game, behave in an unsportsmanlike way, act aggressively, spoil the enjoyment of others or bring the tournament into disrepute, risk being banned from future events and ejected from the hotel. We will not tolerate this type of behaviour at our tournaments and we will take the appropriate action after an event to deal with offenders. Repeat or serious offenders will receive life bans.
- Any Player or Team whose supporters misbehave is liable to be disqualified.
- A player may ask a referee to clarify any rule prior to taking a shot. Disputing a referee’s/organiser’s decision is considered unsporting behaviour.
- Any team or players found cheating may forfeit any prize monies and risk being banned from future events.
- All players in the playing arena must be smartly dressed in keeping with the status of the Grand Finals. No denim, trainers, tracksuits or any scruffy attire will be permitted – players unsuitably dressed will not be allowed to play. Players must be wearing trousers, shoes and shirts with collars. Polo shirts are acceptable.
- There is NO dress code on Thursday.
Norbreck Hotel Rules
- All present are bound by the conditions of the Norbreck Castle Hotel venue. Persons misbehaving in any way may be ejected from the venue with no refund given.
- Only alcohol purchased at the hotel bar may be consumed in the arena.
- It is a criminal offence to set off a false fire alarm, or move / play with firefighting equipment within the hotel. Any player or guest caught doing this will be reported to the police and ejected from the hotel and their team removed from the tournament. They will be liable to prosecution and banned from all future BAPTO and Golden 8 Ball events.
Entry Fees & Refunds
- All players and spectators must have a tournament wristband to gain access to the event – these are £40 for players and £20 for spectators and provided FREE to those who book the Norbreck Hotel ‘pool accommodation package’ using code BAPTO2017.
Players and guests that fail to book the Norbreck pool accommodation package using BAPTO2017 code, must purchase a wristband to gain access to event.
- Wristbands are non-refundable.
- Team entry fee is £80 plus a £45 deposit, giving a total required payment of £125.
Men’s and Ladies Singles entry fee is £20 per player– enter at event.
Mixed Doubles entry fee is £25 per pair – enter at event. Players can pair with any other player. Mixed Doubles start at 7pm Thursday night.
- Entry fees are non-refundable unless event is cancelled, in which case all entry fees will be returned via cheque.
- Teams must be approved by the Tournament Committee. Teams that are rejected by the Committee may be given the reasons why and opportunity to reapply.
- Teams pay their entry fee during the registration process via the website. If a team is rejected they will be refunded.
- BAPTO team deposit refunds are only given to teams that attend the event.
Norbreck Hotel – Pool Package Accommodation
- All players and guests who book the Norbreck Hotel ‘pool accommodation package’ using code BAPTO2017 will receive free wristbands.
- If players are wanting to book the Norbreck pool package, we recommend they book their accommodation at least 4 months prior to the event, to secure their rooms.
- The Organisers cannot be held responsible for players that fail to book the Norbreck Pool Package or can’t get a room at the hotel. Rooms are limited so get in early!
- Single room are limited, if you want a twin room with sole occupancy there is a £20 per night supplement. Players that share a twin or family room will get the best room rate.
- If players stay at the Norbreck but fail to book the Norbreck pool package, they must either purchase a wristband to gain access to the event or transfer their booking with the hotel to the pool package at the correct room rate.
- Warning – players that try booking rooms at the Norbreck through third party websites like booking.com, risk being transferred to a sister hotel. These sites can show availability, when in fact the hotel is full. You will not be on the pool package code and will have to purchase a wristband separately.
- Norbreck room deposits are £30 per player, with balance due 28 days prior to arrival. Hotel accommodation deposits are non-refundable, even if the event is cancelled.
- Teams should only book their accommodation after their team has been accepted by the Tournament Committee. No refunds will be given to rejected teams.
- Accommodation should be booked through the booking form, which is emailed when the team is accepted. This goes direct to the hotel, who will then call you for a deposit.
- Teams that pay for their accommodation in full before the event, will get express check-in and save much time queuing.
- Players staying Half Board at the Norbreck are responsible for booking their own evening mealtimes at hotel reception. You can book a time in advance or turn-up and wait to be seated.
- Tournament is scheduled so all teams get an evening meal break, although sometimes disruptions to the schedule can occur and these breaks may not be possible. In these circumstances, the Team Captain is responsible for sending their players to the restaurant in rotation, so that play is not disrupted. If players prefer not to leave their team during a match, then their meal will be forfeited.
- Teams that are late for a scheduled match due to breaking for their meal, will be docked frames, as per the rules.
- The Organisers are not responsible for players that fail to get their meal and no refunds will be given.
- In the unlikely occurrence that the tournament is cancelled, for any reason, the Organisers are not liable for any accommodation deposits paid to hotels by players, spectators and their guests.
- If the event is cancelled, only team entry fees and team entry deposits will be refunded via cheque.
- Teams can arrive Friday morning between 8am and 8:30am but must make organisers aware of their plans and contact Rob Pearce or Sharon Griffiths on Thursday evening to confirm their team is definitely coming, so they are not removed from the draw.
- Teams that fail to check-in or contact the Tournament Organisers on Thursday will be removed from the tournament draw and considered a ‘No Show’ team.
- ‘No Show’ teams that fail to inform the Organisers that they are not coming will be banned from entering the following year. If you know your team is not going to attend, please inform us ASAP as your team has been entered into the draw and other teams are expecting to play you.
These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and UK Pub Pool, the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by UK Pub Pool and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to UK Pub Pool and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of UK Pub Pool, our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
print one copy of the Content
You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of UK Pub Pool.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify UK Pub Pool for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Links to other websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of UK Pub Pool or that of our affiliates.
We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
Any online facilities, tools, services or information that UK Pub Pool makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. UK Pub Pool is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
Whilst UK Pub Pool uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
UK Pub Pool accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
UK Pub Pool reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
To the extent that the Website and Content are provided free of charge, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, UK Pub Pool accepts no liability for any of the following:
any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
These terms and conditions will be governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
UK Pub Pool details
UK Pub Pool is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 05647123 whose registered address is Spring Valley Mills, West Yorkshire, LS28 6DW and it operates the Website www.golden8ball.co.uk.You can contact UK Pub Pool by email on 0333 444 1478